MSc, PhD, Post-Doctoral Research.
Additional Qualifications :
(i) Certificate Course in “Fortran” Computer Language, This knowledge can be used in numerical taxonomy.
(ii) Certificate course in environmental education from U.K
(iii) Certificate course on Computer Applications from NCERT
(iv) Intel Group trained us for two months in 2001-2002, as Master Trainees in Computer for Future Education.
Details of Research :
1. Research experience as a guide for the past 15 years.
2. Recognised as a research guide in Botany in Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Orissa and University of Mysore, Manasa Gangothri, Mysore.
3. Three research scholars are working at present and two have already awarded PhD.
4. So far published nearly sixty research publications and chapters in eight books.
Details of Published work :
1. Published two research papers in Botany entitled
(a) Medicinal uses of various beads used in Rosaries in Jour. Tax. Economic, Bot. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur-342001, JETB/2542.
(b) Ethnobotanical account of Adina cordiforia (Roxb) 8 th and HKF X Brand, Kadamba, Gujarat, India. 2. The DPEP multigrade – intervention in Andhra Pradesh in Viziayanagaram of Andhra Pradesh for supper material preparation (Activity 2), 28, 29 May 1998. Paper published
1. An account of the Ethno botany of Saurashtra in Gujarat State by G.I. Shah, A.R. Menon and G.V. Gopal in J. Econ. Tax. Bot.,1981, pp. 173-178.
2. An Ethno botanical Profile of Dangies by G.L. Shah and G.V. Gopal in J. Econ. Tax. Bot. 1982, pp. 355-359.
3. Is it a weed ? By G.V. Gopal in Ancient Science of Life, 1984, 4:144-15.
4. Some folklore medicines of Vasavas, Gujarat, India by G.L. Shah and G.V. Gopal in Acta Botanica Indica, 1986, 14:48-53.
5. Some folk-medicinal plants used for jaundice in Gujarat, India by G.V. Gopal and G.L. Shah in Jour. Res. Edu. Indi. Med. IV; 3-4 (1985): pp. 45-49.
6. Some ethno medical drugs used by the tribes of North Gujarat by G.L. Shah and G.V. Gopal in Jour. Econ. Tax. Bot. 1985, 6:193-201.
7. Ethno botanical – Lore of Gujarat State (India). Abstract ni International Conference on Traditional Medicine, Volume Paper is (yet to come) Abstract, January 23-25: Madras: C8-Hall-B, Ethno botanical Research and Herbal Cosmetics.
8. A note on ethno medical value of Coronopus didymus (L) J.e. Sh by G.V. Goal and K.S. Jagadish Chandra, 1986, Vol. 31, pp. 36-37, J. Uni. Mysore.
9. Ethno botanical-lore of Gujarat (India) by G.V. Gopal and G.L. Shah, 14-16, 1987, (National Symposium on the Biology and Utility of Wild Plants). 44993564.
10. “Grass-tree” by G.V. Gopal and A.K. Bastia in Biology Education, a UGC sponsored Journal on Higher Education, Number 3, Volume 5, 198:180-181.
11. "Kaunch-Beef" an ingredient of "Vita-Ex" its botany chemistry and folklore uses in Orissa by G.V. Gopal, J. Econ. Tax. Bot., Vol. 15, No. 3, 1991, pp. 667-682.
12. Uraria Picta Desv, A rare germ plasm of potential medicinal value by G.V. Gopal and R. Mishra in Jour. Res. Edu. Ind. Med. Volume X: 3, ISSN 0970-7700 (1991), pp. 13-15.
13. Drugs their uses, abuse and impact on society by G.V. Gopal and Saswatirup in Biology Education, Volume 8, 2, 1991, ISSN, 0970-5961, pp. 101-109.
14. Pollen Morphology of Psophocarpus tetragonolobus (L) OC by G.V. Gopal in Jour of Palynology, 30, 1994, 83-88.
15. Medicinal uses of various beads used in rosaries by G.V. Gopal and M.P. Sinha accepted for publication on 9.1.99, Jour. Econ. Tax. Bot. 1999, Jodhpur.
16. Ethno botanical account of Adina cordifolia (Robx) Bth and H.K.F. ex. Brand, Kadamba, India in Jour. Med. Plants by G.V. Gopal and G.L. Shah, Dibrugarh, Assam, 1997.
17. Ethno mycology of edible mushrooms of Orissa by M.P. Sinha and G.V. Gopal in the Journal of Ethno botany, Ref. 94, 1995
18. A relook to curricular sequences in the Environmental Studies (EVS) of Primary School Syllabus by G.V. Gopal (Abstract) published.
19. A stem-less plant by G.V. Gopal 1997, to Biology School Science, NCERT Journal, New Delhi.
20. Medicinal uses of various beeds used in Rosaries in Jour. Tax. Econ. Bot. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur-342007 JETB 12542.
21. Ethno botanical account of Adina cordiforia (Roxb.). MKF. X. Brand. Kodamba, Gujarat, India.
22. Ethnobotany of Soligas of Biligirirangana Hills, Karnataka, India by G.V. Gopal and K.S. Jagadish Chandra, Univ. of Mysore, J. Econ. Tax. Bot., 2003.
23. Azolla pinnata R.Br. pteridophyte; Salvaniales (Azollaceae), in the Management of Lake Agro Eco System, by G.V. Gopal, Lake 2000 Symposium Volume.
24. Phytochemical analysis of the Indian Sarsaparilla Hemidesmus indicus (L.) R.Br. by G.V. Gopal and P. Arun, in Jr. Res. Edu. Ind. Med. BH.U., Varanasi.
25. Neem and Pharmacological and Biologiacl Properties by G.V. Gopal in School Science, NCERT, New Delhi.
26. Rare and endangered plants in coastal esterine zone management in Tamilnadu and Karnataka, by G.V. Gopal and V.V. Anand in word weeds, Deharadun.
27. Phytochemical analysis of the Indian sarsaparilla Hemidesmus indicus (L) R.Br. by G.V. Gopal and P. Arun, in Jour. Res. Ind. Med. BHU, Varanasi.
28. School acting as germplasm bank, In the book appeared as one of the paper in Symposium, Volume: in Rural Development and Backward Areas, CSIR, RRL, BBSR.